Dave is President of Smart Life Forum, an 18-year-old nonprofit group focused on optimal wellness and longevity. His writing has been published in the New York Times and Salon.com. Companies like Cisco Systems and Google have invited him to speak to employees about health. In the 90s, Dave applied problem solving techniques from the computer networking industry to solve his own health problems, losing 100 lbs. and keeping it off permanently. In the process, he became an expert in nutrition and metabolic function. He holds an MBA from Wharton and a BS from Cal State.
On the show we cover:
- Transgenerational Influence on genetic expression
- Are we progressing or regressing in our ability to reproduce
- Pre-conception health and wellness planing including diet, environment, nutrition and stress management
- toxins in the food and animal husbandry
- Medicalization of birth
- toxins in the environment ‘going green in the home’
- The need for interdisciplinary studies
- Optimal conditions for birth (home, centers, hospitals)
- Nervous system survive or thrive mode ( sympathetic or parasympathetic dominance)
- Birth psychology ( birth and nervous system imprinting)
- Inner Balance from HeartMath
- Transpersonal Psychology, Dr. Stan Groff and Holotropic Breathwork
- Mother’s communication with the fetus
- Grandmother influences on conception (lineage)
Better Baby Book – http://www.betterbabybook.com
Bullet Proof Executive – http://www.bulletproofexec.com
The Association for Prenatal & Perinatal Psychology and Health – http://birthpsychology.com
Dr Stan Grof http://www.stanislavgrof.com
HeartMath Inner Balance http://www.upgradedself.com/tech/heartmath-inner-balance-app.html
Dave Asprey is a Silicon Valley investor, computer security expert, and entrepreneur who spent 15 years and $250,000 to hack his own biology. Some of the topics discussed in this interview include: Noorotropics, EQ, non-ordinary states of consciousness, perinatal psychology, Holotropic Breathwork, coffee, Epi-Genetics, sleep, sex and making babies. Dave’s websites mentioned during the show are Bullet Proof Executive
& Better Baby Book
What is the Art of Biohacking?
- Hack Your Biology and Bio-chemistry for more focus, better health, and happiness
- Use Technology to get Immediate Feedback From Your Performance, Diet, Sleep, etc.
How to Keep Your Brain From Turning Off?
- After meetings, Dave didn’t remember half the things that happened. He began to play FreeCell, and found out some days he could play and others he couldn’t. Hence, the need to a better diet, practices, and supplements.
- Provigil increases your ability to focus and it is profound what you can do. It is a prescription medicine. The military uses it for fighter pilots in replacement of methamphetamine to stay up for 40-50 hours.
- Aniracetam is our new Upgraded Brain
- MCT Oil reverses disease in studies, as seen on our podcast episode #
- Sleep is controlled by the reptilian brain
- Improve the quality of your sleep, and you can recover faster
- More good stress and good food during the day helps you have higher quality sleep
- After your nervous system learns, your body knows you are not going to die and will be able to sleep less.
- Imitates LSD and you experience very strong visionary state
- Dave learned a lot about himself. Answering questions like: Why am I here? What is holding me back?
Other Topics Discussed in the Show: