recently released his first book – The Paleo Manifesto: Ancient Wisdom for Lifelong Health
– in which he advocates using evolutionary principles to combat the global epidemic of obesity, diabetes, and other chronic health conditions.
All animals, human or otherwise, thrive when we mimic key elements of our natural habitat. From diet to movement to sleep, this evolutionary perspective sheds light on some of our most pressing health concerns.
On the show we discuss:
- Apes, OCD and ‘natures’ diet
- Jewish hygienic codes and modern medicine
- Great ‘ Experiment ‘ Britain and the industrial revolution
- Industrial food and health
- Biohacking your way to health and wellbeing
What can we learn from our ancestors about how to optimize and improve human health? Are some of our modern chronic diseases created by the mismatch between the conditions in which humans evolved and our present agriculture and technology rich world? In this podcast, Michael Ostrolenk explores these questions (and more!) with the co-founders of the Ancestral Health Society
(AHS), Aaron Blaisdell, Ph.D.
& Brent Pottenger, MHA
. Learn more about this growing grassroots movement investigating the science-based solutions found in our human history – and watch video presentations from the recent AHS symposium – at http://ancestryfoundation.org