Tripp Lanier is a men’s coach and host of The New Man Podcast: Beyond the Macho Jerk and the New Age Wimp
As a host, he has interviewed experts from all walks of life including Tim Ferriss, Laird Hamilton, Ken Wilber, Dan Millman, Marcus Buckingham, Bill Harris, Steve Pavlina, Chip Conley, Shawn Phillips, Dr. Robert Glover, and Vernon Reid.
As a coach, Tripp has helped men and women all over the world break out of mediocre lives, do what they love, and navigate the challenging world of relationships. The New Man Life online course and The New Manual: The Best Tools & Tips To Live A KickAss Life brings his teachings to an even broader audience.
On the show we discuss:
- What’s wrong with the old man and what do we need a new man?
- Men need both ‘balls’ and ‘heart’
- Tripp’s trip of spiritual development
- Calling men on their bullshit
- Helping men create their own lives
- Embodying new ways of being and thinking
- Diet, exercise and stress management
- Challenging one’s limiting beliefs and living LARGE
Ben returned from Iraq in 2007. For six months he was flying high. Then the euphoria of returning home wore off and he was left with sleepless nights and a surprising amount of stress and physical discomfort. He spent the next 2 years worth of trial and error trying to figure out how to use mindfulness and exercise to calm his mind and realign his body for a civilian lifestyle. The Army taught him how to up armor his mind and body for War. He taught himself how to Armor Down.
On the show we cover:
- War stress
- Yoga and sleep
- Art of Peace by Morihei Ueshiba and Armor Down Blog
- Mindfulness Meditation; developing the witness and creating inner peace
- Happy Wife, Happy Life
- SEAL’s CDR Mark Divine & Rob DuBois on warriorship and meditation
- Memorial Day Event
Armor Down – http://armordown.blogspot.com
Eric Wolterstorff is an expert on societal and individual responses to traumatic events. He has founded three businesses and spent over 25 years helping leaders manage crises, including post-Katrina New Orleans, Germany, and Indonesia; and has been conducting social trauma analyses on the US, Germany, Israel, Japan, and Rwanda. He is current focusing on governance relationships between wealthy countries and developing countries responding to impending threats, current crises, or large-scale traumas.
On the show we cover:
* Trauma and Stress
* Belief & Awareness
* Second Memory- unwinding trauma in the body/mind
* Creating new habits
* Catharsis and Somatic management
* Sympathetic and Parasympathetic nervous system
* Flight, Flee & Freeze
* Creating boundaries
In his new book Aware, Awake, Alive,
Elliott Dacher, M.D. hopes to inspire his readers to journey toward the full flowering of their human potential. Listen to this interview with host Michael Ostrolenk to learn what inspired Dr. Dacher, after 21 years of practicing internal medicine and seeing 50,000 patients, to develop this contemporary guide to the ancient science of integral health and human flourishing. Dr. Dacher and Michael discuss the four main sections of this owners manual for the soul: the vision, the path, the fruition, and the integration. To learn more about Dr. Dacher and to purchase his book, visit http://www.elliottdacher.org